When it comes to your hotel website, the content you publish can make or break your ability to attract and convert potential guests.
Simply putting up generic descriptions and photos is no longer enough to stand out in today’s competitive hospitality industry. You need high-quality, engaging content tailored specifically to your target audience.
In this article, we’ll explore practical tips to help you craft hotel content that not only engages readers, but also persuades them to take action by booking a room or utilizing hotel services.
Whether you manage your hotel content in-house or work with a marketing agency, these best practices will assist in improving your site’s content.
By the end of this guide, you’ll have actionable steps to produce hotel website content that delights guests while driving direct revenue.
Let’s dive in.
Why Hotel Content Matters
Many hotels have already demonstrated the power of great content for attracting customers. Your content includes how you present your accommodations, services, and what sets your hotel apart. But it’s more than that.
Local festivals and events near your hotel that other hotels can’t compete with, unique experiences only your hotel offers, and testimonials from satisfied guests provide social proof.
But why is hotel website content so crucial?
You already have a website with an integrated booking engine. Why should you be worrying about hotel content?
Here are some key reasons:
- Informative content builds trust and credibility by providing detailed descriptions of rooms, amenities, facilities, services, and policies. This helps guests make informed booking decisions and shows you have nothing to hide.
- Engaging stories enable emotional connections. Humanized content builds rapport so guests feel like they know and can trust you, which drives bookings.
- Stunning hotel visuals spark interest by using high-quality photos and videos to entice potential guests to learn more and imagine staying.
- Local area content highlights nearby attractions, making your hotel more appealing as a destination.
- Optimized content builds SEO and discoverability, helping you rank higher in search engines so the right potential guests find you.
- Promotional content like offers and packages incentivize bookings by enticing engaged website visitors.
- Curated guest testimonials and ratings build credibility by boosting confidence in your hotel experience.
In summary, well-crafted content builds awareness, trust, and engagement – setting great hotel websites apart from boring online brochures, which you definitely want a reputation as in today’s hospitality industry.
Prioritizing content pays off through higher conversions and revenue.
Characteristics of Effective Hotel Content Writing
Now that you know why content is so important, let’s examine what makes that content effective. Here are key characteristics that set great hotel website content apart:
- Informative content provides practical details and transparency about the property and guest experience through room descriptions, facility photos, menus, policies, etc. This builds guest confidence.
- Engaging content uses interesting stories about the hotel’s history, staff spotlights, or guest testimonials to form emotional connections with visitors, making them more likely to book.
- SEO-friendly hotel content optimizes with relevant target keywords to improve search engine rankings and discovery by potential guests. But avoid awkward keyword stuffing that hurts user experience.
- Relevant content speaks specifically to target guest demographics by spotlighting amenities and services tailored to their needs and interests.
- Fresh, up-to-date content brings visitors back by regularly adding new blogs, updating policies, photos, etc. Stale, outdated content reflects poorly.
- Visual content uses photos, videos, and virtual tours to help potential guests envision staying at your property and gets them excited to book.
In short, effective content informs and inspires guests while serving business goals like SEO through tailored, regularly refreshed content utilizing visual media for maximum impact.
Keys to Engaging, High-Converting Hotel Content
Now let’s get into the specifics of how to create content that engages readers and converts potential guests.
How to write Engaging Hotel Content that Converts
- Conduct in-depth research on your target guest demographics, motivations, and booking drivers to create content that resonates. Develop fictional but representative buyer personas to guide your work.
- Craft compelling narratives around your hotel, amenities, local area, and unique guest experiences. This storytelling humanizes your brand and forges emotional connections.
- Insert relevant, high-quality photos, videos, virtual tours, and infographics to visually engage visitors and help them imagine staying at your property.
- Optimize content with relevant target keywords to improve discovery but avoid awkward keyword stuffing that diminishes quality.
- Include strategic calls-to-action like booking buttons and email signup forms to guide engaged readers to convert.
- Regularly add fresh blog posts, update policies, swap outdated photos for recent ones, and post seasonal packages to portray your hotel positively.
By keeping your target guest at the center and taking an engaging, multimedia, conversion-focused approach, you can create content that delights and persuades visitors to book. Your effort will pay off.
Promoting Your Hotel Content
You’ve created amazing engaging content, but it needs to reach your target audience. This is an important step that shouldn’t be overlooked. Otherwise, all the work you’ve put in could all be for nothing.
Here are some hotel marketing strategies:
- Leverage social media to share content, utilizing relevant hashtags and influencer/local business tags to extend reach. Provide value, not just self-promotion.
- List your hotel on relevant local/travel web pages and directories and optimize with great photos, descriptions and contact info to bring in and convert visitors.
- Send email updates with new content, offers or packages to subscribers segmented by interests for targeted outreach. Avoid excessive emails.
- Consider paid social ads and search engine marketing to boost visibility by targeting geographically, demographically, and by interest with precision.
- Propose content collaborations that highlight your hotel with influencers, blogs, and local event organizers to connect with their engaged audiences.
Evaluate the right mix of organic and paid opportunities to expose your content to those most likely to find value in what you offer.
A tailored promotion plan ensures content success, whether it’s targeting organic tarffic on search engines, or marketing direct to an audience.
Evaluating and Iterating Your Hotel Content Marketing
Your work hasn’t ended just yet. To continually improve your content marketing over time, continually evaluate performance and iterate.
This is the key to success for your hotel website and how the best agencies supercharge hotel brands.
Strategies to Improve and Iterate Your Hotel Marketing
- Analyze metrics like website traffic, conversions, time on site, and search rankings to see what content works best. Use Google Analytics or similar to gather insights.
- Study audience behavior such as bounce rates and clicks on calls-to-action to identify weak points and gauge engagement.
- Collect direct feedback through surveys, reviews, social media, and email asking what resonated most and what could improve.
- Refresh existing content by adding new sections, visuals, or examples to underperforming pages to maintain freshness.
- Create innovative new content tailored to your evolving guests and business goals by identifying gaps in your coverage.
By continually evaluating using both data and human input, you gain valuable insights to refine your hotel content marketing strategy. An iterative approach boosts engagement, conversions and ROI.
Stand Out with Custom Hotel Content Writing
To compete in the hospitality industry, you need a hotel content marketing strategy tailored specifically to your unique guests and property.
The hotel content writers at Placeworks can help craft engaging content that delights visitors while persuading them to book. Contact us today to discuss our hotel content writing services for a winning hotel content marketing plan.